DOL Tools for America's Job Seekers Challenge
Job-Hunt.org, The Veteran’s Online Job Search Guide
Online since 1996
100% Veteran-Owned and Veteran-Operated
In the Top 14,000 Sites in USA (Alexa.com)
Access: No login required
Veterans’ Transition resources link to resources especially for veterans as well as many articles by experts in the military-to-civilian transition process, federal job search, plus Job-Hunt’s famous directories of over 13,600 links (as of December, 2009) to employer recruiting pages and other online job search resources. More articles and resources are added every week.
>> Resources for Veterans
Military Alumni Directory, linking to -
• 15 groups that serve more than one of the military services
• 38 groups that serve a single service, or sub-set, like a ship, occupational specialty (e.g. USMC Combat Helicopter Association), or other service unit (e.g. Special Forces)
Other resources specifically for veterans -
• National job search resources for veterans
• Veterans services by state
• Federal Government Employment Directory, linking to the recruiting sections of over 200 Federal agencies and departments
Articles specifically for veterans entering the civilian job search marketplace:
• Exit Strategy for Career Military
• Veterans' Benefits in Transition & Job Search
• Military Experience Value
• Mining Accomplishments from Your Records
• Job Search Tools for Vets
• Focus Your Response on the Opportunity
• Translating Military Experience
• Military vs. Civilian Cultures
• Reversing the Top 5 Veterans' Job Search Mistakes
• 5 Tips for Acing the Transition Interview
• Dressing for Interview Success
• Job Application vs. Resume
• Veterans' 60 Second Personal Infomercial
Articles about the US Federal job search process:
• Effective Federal Government Resume
• 10 Common Federal Job Search Mistakes
• What Is a KSA?
• Using USAJOBS.gov
>> Other resources:
• Job Boards, linking to over 1,000 local & industry job boards
• State Job Networking Directory, linking to over 800 local networking & job search support groups by state
• State Employer Directory, linking to the recruiting pages for 8,000 US employers by state
>> Other Services
Job-Hunt.org is a FREE award-winning employment “gateway” linking visitors to over 13,600 employer recruiting pages, job boards by location and/or industry, professional associations and societies, corporate and military “alumni” groups, and local networking and job search support groups.
In addition to the links, Job-Hunt offers over 400 articles by 30 job search experts on topics ranging from social media and networking for job search to resumes and career changing, and over 180 career profiles in the Career Changer’s Guide.
Those numbers reflect December, 2009. Each month new links, articles, ebooks, and other information are added.
The "Getting Started" section offers job seekers articles and ebooks on Finding Jobs Online, Creating an Internet Resume, Protecting Your Privacy, Choosing and Safely Using Job Boards, Avoiding Job Search Scams, and much more.
In addition, Job-Hunt's 30+ job search experts have written over 400 articles and ebooks, all free, to help job seekers navigate safely and successfully through their job search. Experts include authors Nancy Collamer, Jason Alba, Liz Ryan, Alison Doyle, Wendy Gelberg, and Barbara Safani, plus recruiter Jeff Lipschultz, and subject-matter experts Meg Guiseppi, Susan Guarneri, Laura DeCarlo, Diane Hudson Burns, and Camille Carboneau Roberts. And, new Experts join the group to add their advice in free, unduplicated articles for job seekers to read.
Ebooklets – all completely free, no registration required (not even an email address):
• Winning Negotiations Strategies for Your New Job by Barbara Safani
• Executive Branding and Your LinkedIn Profile by Meg Guiseppi
• Successful Job Interviewing by Jeff Lipschultz
• Job Search Networking for Introverts by Wendy Gelberg
• Using Craigslist for Job Search by Susan P Joyce
• Layoff Self-Defense by Susan P. Joyce
• If you're getting started in your job search, read the articles in the Getting Started section.
• For help with your job search, check out the networking and job search support groups for your state.
• To find employers in your state, pick your state from the "Jump to Your State" drop-down menu or from the Directory of Employers and Job Sites to find links your state’s employers (in business, government, and education), job boards, and networking groups.
• Visit the “Job Search Resources by Industry or Profession” to find appropriate niche job boards
• Check out the Employment Supersites to find the large job boards that have job postings from thousands of employers collected in one place.
• Download and read the free ebooklets, including Job Search Networking for Introverts, Successful Job Interviewing, and Using Craigslist to Find a Job.
Job-Hunt.org is owned by NETability, Inc. of Marlborough, MA, a 100% woman-owned, 100% veteran-owned Subchapter S Corporation. Job-Hunt is free for job seekers to use, completely supported by carefully-selected sponsors.
Job-Hunt.org is Forbes Best of the Web for Job Hunting site, US News & World Report top site for finding work, and PC Magazine Best of the Internet for Careers Website.
About Susan P. Joyce, President of NETability, Editor/Publisher of Job-Hunt.org
Susan P. Joyce is an acknowledged online job search expert who has been helping job seekers navigate the world of online job search since 1995. A two-time layoff graduate, Susan is a veteran of the U.S.M.C. who has lived through several career transitions before founding NETability in 1995.
For More Information
Contact Susan P. Joyce at sjoyce at job-hunt.org or visit:
• Job-Hunt Contact Us page: http://www.job-hunt.org/contact.html
• Follow Job-Hunt on Twitter @JobHuntOrg
• Visit Job-Hunt’s YouTube JobHuntOrg Navigators Playlist - http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=560778F005B6CA16