Career Coach is a free online career development tool that helps adults explore career options, define career goals, identify education and training resources, and make a step-by-step plan to reach their goals. The tool was created in a partnership between the non-profit organizations Women Employed and One Economy Corporation. Career Coach is hosted on One Economy’s site, the Beehive. Although Career Coach users have various levels of education, the program was originally created to fill the void of career development resources for individuals that have not obtained four-year college degree. Career Coach is also suited for today’s economic climate where many workers are faced with unemployment, underemployment, transitioning careers, or reentering the work force after long periods of inactivity. In addition, workforce development staff view Career Coach as a very useful tool for helping clients achieve their career goals.
Career Coach has:
* A career test that reviews interests and suggests potential careers
* In-depth information for over 700 jobs
* Career profiles featuring real people and real stories
* Many careers that do not require a four-year college degree, have a strong employment outlook, and make $25,000 or more annually
* Guidance on education, training, and financial aid
* Strategies to advance a career while at work
* A resume building tool
* Tips for applying for and securing the targeted career
* An online note book to save work and create, track, and update a career plan
* Accessible literacy levels
Voting on Ideas
Vote for your favorite ideas by clicking on the up arrow.To undo an upvote, simply click the arrow again. This second click removes your vote.