Job-Hunt.org, The Online Job Search Guide
Online since 1996
In the Top 12,000 Sites in USA (Alexa.com)
Access: No login required
Described by Readers' Digest as "vacuum packed" with resources and information, Job-Hunt.org is Forbes Best of the Web for Job Hunting site, US News & World Report top site for finding work, and PC Magazine Best of the Internet for Careers Website.
WHAT IS JOB-HUNT.ORG?
Job-Hunt.org is a FREE award-winning employment “gateway” linking visitors to over 13,600 employer recruiting pages, job boards by location and/or industry, professional associations and societies, corporate and military “alumni” groups, and local networking and job search support groups.
In addition to the links, Job-Hunt offers over 400 articles by 30 job search experts on topics ranging from social media and networking for job search to resumes and career changing, and over 180 career profiles in the Career Changer’s Guide.
Those numbers reflect December, 2009. Each month new links, articles, ebooks, and other information are added.
** What Makes Job-Hunt.org Unique? **
>> EXTENSIVE RESOURCES IN MULTIPLE DIRECTORIES OF LINKS
Among Job-Hunt’s 13,600 links are:
• STATE EMPLOYER DIRECTORY, linking to the recruiting pages for 8,000 US employers by state
• ASSOCIATIONS DIRECTORY, linking to over 1,100 international, national, and state professional/industry associations, including over 185 "green industry" associations
• JOB BOARDS, linking to over 1,000 local & industry job boards
• STATE NETWORKING & JOB SUPPORT, linking to over 800 local networking & job search support groups by state
• CORPORATE ALUMNI DIRECTORY, linking to over 250 corporate, military, & government "alumni" groups
• FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITING DIRECTORY, linking to the recruiting sections of over 200 Federal agencies and departments plus articles by Federal Government Job Search expert Camille Carboneau-Roberts
• VETERANS RESOURCE DIRECTORY, linking to the Veterans' Services resources in each state, national resources, and military alumni groups plus articles by Veterans Job Search Expert Diane Hudson Burns
• GREEN INDUSTRY, linking to over 180 green industry associations (by type of green industry) plus 17 green industry job boards and 50 green industy employers
>> THE STATE EMPLOYER DIRECTORY SECTION
The state links cover every state: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, D.C., Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
200+ individual, unique links FOR EACH STATE to:
* Local networking and job search support, including the One-Stops
* Job boards focused on that state or cities within the state
* Links to employers' recruiting pages for -
** State and local government
** Local school districts and local colleges and universities
** Other local or locally-headquartered businesses like hospitals and health centers, technology companies, banks, insurance companies, Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the state, and many other local employers.
>> ARTICLES AND INFORMATION FOR JOB SEEKERS
The "Getting Started" section offers job seekers articles and ebooks on Finding Jobs Online, Creating an Internet Resume, Protecting Your Privacy, Choosing and Safely Using Job Boards, Avoiding Job Search Scams, and much more.
In addition, Job-Hunt's 30+ job search experts have written over 400 articles and ebooks, all free, to help job seekers navigate safely and successfully through their job search. Experts include authors Tory Johnson, Nancy Collamer, Jason Alba, Liz Ryan, Alison Doyle, Wendy Gelberg, and Barbara Safani, and subject-matter experts Meg Guiseppi, Susan Guarneri, Laura DeCarlo, Phyllis Mufson, Dr. Jan Cannon, Parmelee Eastman, and more. New Experts join the group to add their advice in free, unduplicated articles for job seekers to read.
>> FREE E-BOOKS
No registration required (not even an email address):
• Winning Negotiations Strategies for Your New Job by Barbara Safani
• Executive Branding and Your LinkedIn Profile by Meg Guiseppi
• Successful Job Interviewing by Jeff Lipschultz
• Job Search Networking for Introverts by Wendy Gelberg
• Using Craigslist for Job Search by Susan P Joyce
• Layoff Self-Defense by Susan P. Joyce
Job-Hunt.org is owned by NETability, Inc. of Marlborough, MA, a 100% woman-owned, 100% veteran-owned Subchapter S Corporation. Job-Hunt is free for job seekers to use, completely supported by carefully-selected sponsors.
About Susan P. Joyce, President of NETability, Editor/Publisher of Job-Hunt.org
Susan P. Joyce is an acknowledged online job search expert who has been helping job seekers navigate the world of online job search since 1995. A two-time layoff graduate, Susan is a veteran of the U.S.M.C. who has lived through several career transitions before founding NETability in 1995.
For More Information
Contact Susan P. Joyce at sjoyce at job-hunt.org or visit:
• Job-Hunt Contact Us page: http://www.job-hunt.org/contact.html
• Follow Job-Hunt on Twitter http://twitter.com/JobHuntOrg
• Visit Job-Hunt’s YouTube JobHuntOrg Navigators Playlist - http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=560778F005B6CA16
Voting on Ideas
Vote for your favorite ideas by clicking on the up arrow.To undo an upvote, simply click the arrow again. This second click removes your vote.